Where does your money go?
The Lorne Foreshore Caravan Park is managed by the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee. The Great Ocean Road Coast Committee is a State Government body responsible for protecting, enhancing, and developing coastal Crown land from Point Impossible to Cumberland River. All funds raised through our commercial endeavours are reinvested back into the coast.
Great Ocean Road Coast has an ongoing commitment to tourism and business in the Lorne community through:
- supporting a number of local events such as Lorne Pier to Pub
- partnering with community groups for years of conservation and revegetation work across the coast with LorneCare, Friends of Queens Park, volunteers and school groups
- working with the local surf schools to re-issue surf school licences at Lorne to support the local surf school industry and local camp accommodation providers
- contributing to the salaries of professional life guards
- leasing the successful Swing Bridge Cafe at Erskine river mouth
- managing and providing funding toward the redevelopment of Point Grey
We have a number of other projects happening in the Lorne region and all along the Great Ocean Road coastline. Visit the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee’s projects page and sign up to the mailing list for all the latest news. Your camping fees help us protect everyone’s favourite backyard so thank you for staying with us.