Where does your money go?
The Lorne Foreshore Caravan Park is managed by the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee – a not-for-profit, community based organisation that manages 37km of Crown coastal reserves between Torquay and Lorne. All dollars raised are reinvested back into the caravan parks, coastal reserves and community.
Great Ocean Road Coast has an ongoing commitment to tourism and business in the Lorne community through:
- supporting a number of local events such as Lorne Pier to Pub
- partnering with community groups for years of conservation and revegetation work across the coast with LorneCare, Friends of Queens Park, volunteers and school groups
- working with the local surf schools to re-issue surf school licences at Lorne to support the local surf school industry and local camp accommodation providers
- contributing to the salaries of professional life guards
- leasing the successful Swing Bridge Cafe at Erskine river mouth
- managing and providing funding toward the redevelopment of Point Grey
We have a number of other projects happening in the Lorne region and all along the Great Ocean Road coastline. Visit the Great Ocean Road Coast Committee’s projects page and sign up to the mailing list for all the latest news. Your camping fees help us protect everyone’s favourite backyard so thank you for staying with us.